Saturday, June 6, 2009

house... shmouse...

So, we had been house hunting for what seemed like forever. Lincoln was awesome and would take us out every Wednesday to look at houses. Every house I was able to find something wrong withit or just didn't like it. It got to the point, to where I would just go with Lincoln, then if we found one that I actually liked, we would take Will to go see it. Well, it took a while, but we found a house that Will and I agreed on and fell in love with it. But it seems like the wait now is taking even longer than the search, for it to actually become ours. We put in an offer, got turned down because the stupid Wells Fargo guy, then the other people fell through, the agent called Lincoln and said it was ours! We were so excited, if you think this story ends here you are mistaken! :) We had to write up a new offer and submit it, but some how between 7 am when we submitted our offer and 3pm... they got another offer. We ended up increasing our offer and it was accepted!!! YAY!!! Still not the end.... Got the house inspected, everything looked good! Now we are just waiting and waiting and waiting. Durring the wait Wells Fargo sends out an appraiser, to check everything out. They pick who goes and we just have to foot the bill! So stupid, but even stupider is who they sent out there! We go the appraisal back and it said the master bathroom toilet didn't work and that the garage door didn't go up or down. Will and I got a little worried because the inspection from earlier came back all good! So Will and I went over to the house to check things out for ourselves. First we go into the master bathroom, I look down in the toilet and the is no water... of course it isn't going to flush. Will looks back behind the toilet and the watter was turned off, so all he did was turn it on. We waited for the toilet to fill up, then flushed it! So it did work... Then we go down to the garage, open the door from the house and walk in. I look up and the plug is hanging down from the opener thing! No wonder it wouldn't open or close... IT WASN'T PLUGGED IN!!!! This guys is so dumb... I am a girl and don't know a whole lot about house repairs or maitence, but I solved both problems... with the help of my handy husband!!! So we still were a little concerned and wanted to plug in the garage to make sure that it really did worked... but we had no ladder. So what did we do... I jumped up on Will's shoulders and plugged it in, now the logical thing to do would be to get down and push the button, but I stayed up on Will's shoulders and pushed it. So, now our future neighbors will think that we are weidos, walking around the garage on each others shoulders! :) Well, sorry there is no pictures, but once it is offically and finally ours don't you worry!!! Needless to say... I should be getting paid the $500 that we had to pay that idiot! But I am glad that everything does work.... and hopefully the waiting won't be too much longer!
I was trying to keep up with my one post a week and this was about the only funny or exciting thing that happened!
Oh...wait... I almost forgot.... The last day of school was on Thursday!!!! I have offically finished my first year of teaching!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a rant! You hadn't told me all of that, so I am sorry you had to go through it...but hopefully it will be soon over and you will be in your new happy home. Then comes more work and more money!!! So happy you found a home and all is working out. Glad school is out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MAN KT all that?! Sheesh! Glad you found a home you like tho.
    And right on about school being over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome that you get to buy a home that you're excited about. Mark and I won't be able to buy a house for at least 3 years because we still don't know where we will end up. There are a lot of headaches that go into buying a home, but at least you got things to be going in your favor. I'm totally excited for you...oh and for school to be over too, that must feel GREAT!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. D.I.Y. all the way!! So proud of you my "little miss fix it!" lol! Congrats guys! hope it all goes smoother from here. Glad to hear you made it through your first year of school (aren't you old enough to have already graduated?) ha ha Love Yah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so happy you're still posting! I miss you! congrats on school being over for the year!!! love you both

    ReplyDelete