Thursday, February 16, 2012

Big Belly and Valentine's Day


Here is my BIG BELLY at 31 weeks!

I'm hoping that this baby is at least as big as Trey was, cause I feel HUGE!


Baby Update: I am now 32 1/2 weeks- I was so excited to pass the 32 week mark.  32 weeks is when I went into early labor with Trey and onto bedrest... so I was feeling pretty good about that! However, I am feeling tired and achey the last few days (more than I remember being with Trey, But maybe that's cause at this point, I was laying around in bed all day long)
I can't even count the number of times a day that I hear things like...."How much longer do you have?" "When are you due?" "You look like you are going to pop any day!"
This Little(big?) buy is STILL nameless, but seems to be VERY active! He is always moving all over the place! He is up very high (as you can see from the pictures) and I feel like I can't straighten my back or else I squish (and break my ribs), so I have to stand with my back arched/swayed (more than it normally is) making my ever growing back side look even bigger too! Ahhhhhh.....

Trey update: I feel like a slacker mom- I feel like I should document more of his achievements and milestones-
18 Months- Talking ALL the time and putting together little 2-3 word phrases, recognizing a few letters (t, k, and a few others from his name) loves his bedtime routine (bath, read books, sing primary songs, and rock to sleep) Counts to 2! :) LOVES his cars and trains! He LOVES Cars and Mater! Recognizes anything UNLV and says 'REBELS!' Knows and understand and loves the word MINE! Tried doing TIMEOUT- Didn't work...
19 Months- Recognizes the letters in his name. Counts up to 5- Has 1 to 1 correspondence (counting objects) up to 2 and is OBSESSED with having to have 2 of everything! He is constantly saying two'vum (two of them) He even adds the s to the end of words when he has more than 1 of something! (proud mommy/teacher!) He also understands and shows ownership (mommy's water, trey's blankey) He still loves his bedtime routine with mommy or daddy.  He now helps sing the songs and will fill in the word if we stop. Recognizes some colors (blue, red, green, orange) Worked on TIMEOUT- and he will now sit there until he is ready to say sorry for whatever he did (usually hitting)
Now (19 1/2 months) - Knows all the letters in his name (T R E Y and O) Knows his colors (blue, red, green, orange, black, pink, purple) Counts to 10 (with a little help) Counts to 5 really good by himself :)  Has 1 to 1 correspondence up to 3.  He still loves bedtime routine, but now is starting to read the books with us too (he has probably just memorized the lines) He will fill in the blank if you stop on a word.  Talks all the time and is speaking in more logical phrases and adding in adjectives. (red truck fall down) Puts himself in TIMEOUT and asks to go as soon as he swats or hits at someone. Then he sits there and comes out by himself and comes over to say sorry.  :) 

I took some pictures of Trey real quick to make a special valentine for his Grandparents... He looked so stinkin' cute how could I not share them?




























And here's his handprint valentine that he made for his babysitter!


We had a pretty low-key valentine's day.... The UNLV Rebels had a game, and since I was up all night making valentine's for my students and for grandparents, I didn't do anthing for will. (Of course Will, snet me flowers to work, then I came home to sweet cards and treats from him and Trey) I was hoping that watching the game would be a great preseent for him- except they LOST... so not only did his wife let him down, so did his Rebels! I felt so bad.... So the next day, I went and bought a bunch of 50% off valentine's day stuff for him. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. You need to teach me how you taught your kid to be so smart.

    ReplyDelete