Wow... now that's a BIG belly. I am 39 weeks... and didn't think I would ever say that or get this far. I was expecting this cute baby to be here 2-3 weeks ago! These past few weeks have been a roller coaster or emotions. I was ready, prepared, scared, bored, anxious, sad, mad, happy, grateful.
After going into preterm labor, and still having contractions on the medicine and with how big the baby was looking, we thought for sure that I would not make it this far. We got all ready, baby's room, playpen, swing, stroller, car seat.... then nothing happened. Before I couldn't go out for more then 1-2 hours (on medicine) without having contractions. However, since going off the medicine, I have been out and about all and up and around all day everyday... but nothing is happening. Although I do feel much better, less groggy, tired, puffy.....
The first week going off the medicine was especially hard. I kept expecting something to happen, but then nothing did. This put me into kind of a funk. I was depressed and grouchy. Then by week 2, I had come to the realization that I am not in control. My Heavenly Father has a plan for me. I know that all things happen for a reason, maybe the baby needed more time, maybe I needed more time... maybe I just needed to learn patience. :) Now we are just playing the waiting game as we wait for little Trey to come to our family.
Last week at our doctors appointment we learn a few things....
1. I was barely dilated to a 1, which the doctor said was being generous... even though the previous 2 weeks he had been saying 1.
2. My doctor was going out of town (so he is out of town all week this week)!
3. I meet with my doctor the day before my due date, next Monday, if I haven't had the baby- because he is worried about the size of the baby getting too big, we will be discussion being induced. So we go from preterm labor and stopping contractions to having to induce them!!! This baby must be a stubborn one with his own time frame!
Each week I make the mistake of saying... I don't see how my belly could get any bigger.... I feel confident (since I really should only have 1 more week at the most) saying this now, but we decided to take some belly pictures to document the size of my massive belly.
Now no judging these... I was not ready, they were taken at 10 pm, and they are not professional!




My mom and Alyssa took the pictures! Thanks now I can always remember how big I got... not that I think I will EVER forget!!!
Love the pictures, they are so cute! They look professional to me! Good luck, I hope all goes well with your delivery. :)
ReplyDeleteWhy didnt you call me? I would have done them for you! I still can. They look great! Good job to your sis and mom.
ReplyDeleteYeah i'm so excited for you kt! cant wait to see the little tyke!
ReplyDelete